Triple threat artist, Daphne Willis, shares with us how she has found music success through celebrating many wins.
Daphne Willis has found music success in many different ways including music placements, being performed by other artists and being signed by a well known publishing company. Not only is she a fabulous songwriter and performer, her music includes lyrics that are compelling, sharing messages that are relevant to many issues. Her newest song, Dopamine, was just released and you can find it on the WOS Radio Podcast Episodes #687 and #690. Listen here on iTunes!
For stylish, yet practical headphones, check out Sudio Sweden Headphones. I use their headphones all the time, whether it’s on the go or in the studio. They would be the perfect present for someone you love or yourself. Use code FEM15 for a 15% discount. They even have FREE worldwide shipping!
Industry Music Success
- Appreciating the small incremental success as a DIY artist
- Incremental successes build to slowly bring you up
- It takes time and hustle
- Experienced greatest career growth when sharing more personal songs
The Power of Sharing More Personal Songs
- Creates a deeper connection with fans
- Finding the guts to share more personal songs
- It’s liberating
- Has changed how she views her art
- Still books some of her own shows
- Don’t be afraid to talk money
- Streams of income include licensing, merch, streaming, and live shows
- Hold off on a formal agreement with an agent until you find the right one
Interacting with Fans
- Interacts with fans as much as possible
- Instagram and Facebook have been monumental in connecting with fans
- Created a fan support group page from interaction on her band page
- Getting more into YouTube