Whether it’s a single for the holidays of Thanksgiving and Christmas or for St. Patrick’s Day or Valentine’s Day, every artist should have one. Today, I will go over why you should have a single for the holidays and how you can use it to further your musician business.
The holidays are coming up and that means there is tons of potential for unique originals or covers of holiday music. Learn how to use your holiday music to grow and connect with your audience. If you already have a single for the holidays, we want to hear it! Submit your originals or covers of your favorite holiday songs to the WOS Podcast. Submissions are being accepted until November 10th.
Why should you have a single for the holidays?
- Holiday music is familiar to people, themes and songs
- It’s shareable
- A great way to build your mailing list
- Radio opportunities on holiday shows and stations who have extended play time for holiday music
- Internet radio and podcast
- Continuous play: the holidays come every year
- Releasing singles is a great way to stay on top of people’s minds.
- Open up doors for gigs
- Get more news coverage
What can you do with your holiday music?
- CDs can make great gifts
- Use singles as incentives
- Give as a gift to your mailing list
- Give away Christmas album for free (gratitude mechanism)
The holidays bring lots of listeners to the WOS Podcast so if you already have holiday music, we would love to hear it! Remember, submissions are being accepted until November 10th. For the best chances of your song being chosen, submit soon as we can only accept one version of each song!