Here to talk with us about music opportunities is Anni, a Finnish singer and songwriter. She is a firm believer that staying true to herself and trusting her intuition was the way to her success.
Anni believes music can make all of us better. She has been working on a project called Seize the Song where she writes songs for artists across Europe and the Middle East, giving them music opportunities and connecting with them through music.
Lessons Learned from Getting Signed to a Record Label
- Listen to your intuition when you’re gut tells you something isn’t right
- You have to be clear on who you are as an artist
- Stay true to yourself
- Sometimes a dream come true becomes a lesson learned
Studying at Berklee College of Music
- When you have all the tools, chords, scales, and tools, then you are really free to express exactly what you want to express.
- Educating yourself is a good thing
- Immersing yourself in music in every way helps you better understand what you are doing.
- Built an international network of musicians
Transitioning to Full Time Musician
- Creating a sense of urgency in her career
- Taking action daily to move her career forward
- Having a day job relieved stress
- Waiting until she had saved some money and felt more confident
Seize the Song Project
- Partnering with a Finnish women’s magazine on the project
- Seize the Song shows how musicians and artists have an ability to create a space of trust, respect, curiosity, and openness.
- Traveling the refugee route back to the Middle East and connecting with musicians
- Traveling the world to write songs with local musicians
Books and Resources
Penny Pierce – Intuitive Way
@annimattila on Instagram and Twitter