Learn how to implement effective promotion strategies for your brand and music with PRESSED PR founder, Dawn Jones.
To have an effective music PR campaign, an independent artist needs to be doing more than just making music. Today we will dive into the promotion of tours, album releases and getting attention with Dawn Jones, of PRESSED PR. Dawn brings a unique view to music PR because she is an independent artist herself and understands the business behind the music. She’s able to relate to her clients on a personal and professional level so she can take independent artists far in their music careers.
This episode of the Female Entrepreneur Musician Podcast is brought to you by the FREE Musician’s Profit Path Masterclass. If you are an artist ready to grow your fanbase and expand your income from music, this masterclass is for you. I’ll show you the 5 stages of music career growth and help you gauge where you are now, what you need to focus on and what not to focus on so you’re not wasting time and money. You’ll also learn benchmarks relating to live performing, fanbase growth, social media, recording and more. Free classes are running everyday!
Music PR Tips
- Have something new to pitch – music, tour
- Look for new angles to pitch
- Pitch to media and outlets outside of the music industry
- Start by pitching local media
- Your brand must be cohesive across all platforms
- Lack of cohesiveness makes people question who you are as an artist
- Find your lane. Find what works for you.
- Don’t try to be someone that you’re not
Determining Who Makes Up Your Audience
- Social media numbers can be deceiving
- Look at the people who are coming to your shows
- Get out and talk to your audience
- Ask how they found out about you
Using Music PR to Amplify What You’re Doing on Tour
- Creates a buzz and make people aware that you’re playing a show
- Helps grow interest with people that have never heard of you
- Make sure that your event is listed in event calendars
- Newsletters can be really helpful for new artists to keep fans engaged
ABOUT HOST BREE NOBLE
Bree Noble is an entrepreneur, musician and speaker. She founded Women of Substance Radio, an online radio station that promotes quality female artists in all genres, in 2007. She launched the Women of Substance Music Podcast in November 2014, a 5 day per week show which promotes Independent female artists. Her podcast has hit #1 in New & Noteworthy for the Music, Arts and Society & Culture categories and #4 Audio Podcast on all of iTunes. She draws on her extensive experience running her own music business, both as a solo musician and as an Industry professional, to train and mentor other female musicians. Learn more about the station, the show and the artists atwww.wosradio.com. Connect with Bree on Twitter @BreeNoble or on Facebook or on Instagram