Australian artist, Prita Grealy, didn’t have plans to start a career in music. In fact, it was a breakthrough on a private yacht and an opportunity at a 5-star resort that changed her trajectory.
Travel had always been a passion of Prita Grealy. Growing up in a family that moved around often and a love of music from the age of 3 has led her to performing on stages and touring across Europe. Once she discovered how to book a music tour that also satisfied her desire to travel to interesting places, she had found the perfect fit.
Now, a full time musician for 10 years, her live loop shows, soulful rhythmic songs and vocal performances have turned into a successful full time music career. In addition to performing, she has a course designed a course for non-singers to become singers or for current singers to strengthen and train their voice. Click below to learn more about the Singing for Non-Singers e-course.
How To Book A Music Tour & Travel To Cool Locations
- Grew up in a nomadic lifestyle, living in small towns around Australia
- Music has always been a big part of her life
- Worked on a private yacht
- Offered an opportunity to perform live shows 6 nights a week in Thailand
The Looping Pedal
- Inspired to use loop pedal by K.T. Tunstall
- Using loop pedal has given her more flexibility in solo shows
- Started by creating simple harmonies with it
- Took about 6 months to get comfortable using looping pedal at home before she played out with it
Streams of Income
- Live gigs
- Live performance royalties
- Sells CDs and digital downloads
- Working toward music licensing
- Created an E-Course for singing
- One on one coaching
How To Book A Music Tour
Here’s how to book a music tour that allows you to travel to interesting places.
- House concerts
- Small listening rooms
- Doing her own booking
- You have to be 6 months to a year ahead for bookings in Europe
The Artist’s Way by Julia Cameron
ABOUT HOST BREE NOBLE
Bree Noble is an entrepreneur, musician and speaker. She founded Women of Substance Radio, an online radio station that promotes quality female artists in all genres, in 2007. She launched the Women of Substance Music Podcast in November 2014, a 5 day per week show which promotes Independent female artists. Her podcast has hit #1 in New & Noteworthy for the Music, Arts and Society & Culture categories and #4 Audio Podcast on all of iTunes. She draws on her extensive experience running her own music business, both as a solo musician and as an Industry professional, to train and mentor other female musicians. Learn more about the station, the show and the artists atwww.wosradio.com. Connect with Bree on Twitter @BreeNoble or on Facebook or on Instagram