I talk with Jen Edds – musician, editing guru extraordinaire, and host of the awesome Podcast about women in the Music Industry, “The Brassy Broadcast.”
How This Woman Got Started in The Music Industry
- How she got started in music.
- How she lived a double life – corporate sales by day, performing musician at night.
- The day one of her corporate clients discovered she was a closet rock star.
- The day she left her safe corporate job in search of her true purpose.
- How she got started in audio branding.
- The crazy story about how she got connected into the podcasting world.
- How a couple of nuns from Toledo are taking the Podcasting world by storm.
- How her podcast highlighting women in the music industry, “The Brassy Broadcast”, got started.
- How she helps people setup podcasts, edit them and produce them to get their voice heard.
- The feedback she gets on the Podcast.
- The difficulties and rewards of podcasting.
Spotlight on Women in The Music Industry
- How women in the Music Industry can be pigeon-holed or marginalized.
- Sexism in the Music Industry.
- How successful women in the industry kick through the barriers.
- Her desire to shine a light on accomplishments by women in music and business.
Networking And Masterminds for Indie Musicians
- How networking and community has helped her promote her podcast and get guests for her show.
- The GoGirls Twitter chat has been a great place to connect and network.
- How she uses Facebook groups to grow her network and build her business.
- How musicians can use online communities to get questions answered, get gigs and support each other.
- How we can all contribute to the growth of Indie Music through networking and masterminds.
- How having an accountability partner can boost your productivity and expand your idea pool.
- The benefits of having an accountability partner for musicians when writing and recording music.
Home Recording Tips for Musicians
- What musicians can do at home to record the best quality demo.
- What software musicians should use to record a quality demo at home cheaply.
- How to get “the perfect mix”.
- What mircrophone she uses that is a very affordable, durable and quality option.
- How she became an “editing guru”.
- Where she took music classes and what classes she took to learn editing.
What episodes of “The Brassy Broadcast” are her favorites and the most popular.
Looking for a Mastermind? Join the Female Musician Academy
Connect with Jen
Connect on Facebook
Connect on Twitter @BrassyBroadJen
Email your questions for Bree to answer on the show: Bree@FEMusician.com
Leave your audio questions for Bree to play on the air and answer (you can promote yourself too): SpeakPipe
Subscribe to the show on iTUnes
Give us a review on iTunes to be entered to win CDs & merchandise from our guests
Listen on Soundcloud
Music by Stella Ronson
ABOUT HOST BREE NOBLE