Using music giveaways is a great way to build your fanbase. Today, we are going to discover how you can build your email list and your social following with contests and music giveaways.
The first rule of thumb when creating a giveaway is to make sure you give away things that your audience would really want. After all, giving away a free cooking lesson would be really cool but probably not what female musicians are looking for. Since I love to give things away, I have decided to team up with Kirsti Manna. We are giving away a ticket to Kirsti’s Songwriter Girl Camp in Nashville. This giveaway is a little different than others in that we will be using Facebook Messenger to execute it. To enter, simply enter “m.me/wosradio” into your browser. You will be brought to a message between you and WOSradio. Type the keyword “WIN” and when the contest info pops up, press enter to win. Easy as that!
The difference between music giveaways and contests:
- Both can generate new fans and a larger audience
- Giveaway- get people to put in names and draw one at random.
- Contest- have to do something to win. Earning your win.
Why a giveaway:
- Generate goodwill amongst current fans and future fans.
- Help your fans want to share with their friends.
- Use it to promote something. (ex. My course)
- To get a lot of promotion.
- Social proof – you are interesting and worth paying attention to since other people are entering your giveaway
- Building a fanbase by giving away something to everyone who entered. (sorry you didn’t win the main prize, but here’s a deal for the next 48 hours)
What to give away:
- Special packages (ex. CDs, t-shirts, guitar picks, etc.)
- Tickets to upcoming concerts
- Free drink tickets at venues
- Experiences (ex. House concert, meet & greet)
How to execute a giveaway:
- In person at an event – (ex. have audience write down names and email addresses then draw a random name on stage, look out into the crowd and toss a t-shirt to someone who’s really into your performance)
- Email – digital album for those who are on the list
- Facebook Live/YouTube – people who comment, people who watch live
- Using raffle software like RaffleCopter or KingSumo
We’re giving away a ticket to Songwriter Girl Camp hosted by Kirsti Manna held on June 24th and 25th in Nashville. Enter “m.me/wosradio” into your browser and when the Facebook Messenger opens, type in the keyword “WIN.” When the contest info pops up, press enter and that’s it! I’d love for one of my listeners to win this amazing prize! Good luck!